Saturday, June 4, 2016

Last Transfer of the Mission

Hi All,
Well I get two Pdays this week since I am being transferred out of the office (Saturday and Monday). You guessed it right mom, I am going to Jardim Atlântico. I am going to serve with Elder França he is from Bahia, Brazil (I am taking Elder Cárdenas spot). Elder França is from my group, but he goes home one transfer after me. The other Elders in apartment are Elder Ferreira from Sao Paulo who is my grandson haha Elder Choate trained him. His companion is Elder Miranda who is also from Sao Paulo. Elder França has been practicing english and Elder Ferreira lived in the states for some time and knows english! So it should be a way fun transfer! I am really happy to get to this area, the ward is one of the best in the stake and a lot more of a family. They all like to help out with the missionary work. Elder Cárdenas did great here and worked his butt off so I am going to have big shoes to fill but I am really excited! Honestly I am excited to get out and work and truly simplify my duties on this last transfer. It stinks that Elder Cárdenas who I lived with for more then a year is going home and then I am no longer living with E. Keller who I lived with for 10 months, but I am excited though!

So Marcellus wasn’t able to go to church last week, so we moved his baptism to the 11th and Eliani is still progressing toward the 18th. Marcellus is doing great, he is living all of the commandments and doing everything he needs to do. He has great faith, we taught him to about the Sabbath day, he feels so bad that wasn’t able to go to church, but now understands how important it is to go to church. We have been teaching a bunch of other families that are progressing, that I am sad to leave. We have been working a lot with members this week, which is awesome for this area. It was a crazy week that went by really quick with getting everything ready for transfers. I am excited that Elder Aidukaitis is coming to the mission and we are having a conference with him before I leave.

So today being my last Pday in the office we ate lunch at Roseli, Amanda, and Lizzy house today because it was Elder Stahns Bday this week and because Elder Sarenz is going home and I am getting transferred. This week E. Stahn did everything in the office by himself, he dominated, so there is no need for me to be here any longer.

So from what I have heard the ward is super strong here in Jardim Atlantico and help the missionaries a ton, which makes me super happy. So Elder Cardenas and Elder França had 2 baptism on Saturday, but just baptized 2 moms for some reason. There are 3 children and a sister of one of the ladies that was baptized that they were teaching, and they also have another man who is named Marcio and I am not sure who else.

Here are some awesome talks I read this week!

Swallowed Up in the Will of the Father by Neal A. Maxwell

Desire by Dallin H. Oaks

According to the Desire of [Our] Hearts by Neal A. Maxwell

Love you guys, you are the best! Remember to do the small things!

Tchau,
Elder JT Moore

E. Cardenas going Home
E Cardenas and E Saenz
The Elders going home
My new companion E. França

No comments:

Post a Comment