Saturday, April 23, 2016

Happy Birthday to the Best Mom a son could every ask for!

First Happy Birthday Mom!!! I love you sooooo much! Thank you for everything you have taught me. I hope and pray that I am blessed with a wife as good as you are! Thank you so much for your example and all the advice you have given me before and out here on the mission. Thank you for always teaching me the importance of loving people and focusing on people not just numbers. You are the best, I love you!

So this week was going great with missionary work, until we had to take a couple of days (Thursday and Friday) to move into our new home. We are now in a house that is literally 1 minute walking on your hands to the office. We are on the same street just 5 houses down. We are pretty much moved in but we are still ironing out the wrinkles, but it is good. There will be eight of us living there, I am excited that the E. Keller and Salomão will be living with us. It should really help spark the ward and missionary work.

So Urallen, Rosi, Samele and Alice are doing great! They came to church on Sunday and loved it. We visited them with members this week and it was really good. Rosi reads everything we leave with her. Urallen it's a little harder for him to read, but he has a memory that is ridiculous he completely understood the Restoration of the Priesthood, Joseph Smith, and the importance of prophets. They are awesome! He is a security guard at an apartment and works from 7pm to 7 am and it’s every other day. He still made it to sure even though he worked all night. Is works again today, but said he is going to work hard to be at church again! They are great. Paulo and Suellen and Anna Vitoria are doing good, we talked this week about the importance of having goals and temple marriage. They are doing good. We are going to try and have a FHE with Daniel and Leilane tomorrow. Magno, Niza,Enzo, Nadia, Nida, and Luis are doing great. We are going to work hard to get them to church tomorrow. We have a lot of other families we are teaching and we have worked hard to find a new investigator per day. It has been a great experience! The Lord has definitely blessed us with finding great families.

Yesterday at the District meeting I dressed up as a "Gator", because E. Betts told me in the states the missionaries give investigators the term gators. We talked about how a gator doesn't move unless it has a motive and if we are like the crocodile hunter and find them and poke them (invite them) then they will move and progress. It was super embarrassing but YOLO, all the missionaries liked it and it got the point across, so that's what is important.

Mom please tell Yayo and Yaya how much I love them and how grateful I am que ellos me ayudaron estar aquí en el mission. Yo soy muy agradecido por estar aquí. Yo sólo gustaría pedir una cosas de ellos. Que ellos piden a los missionarios y escuchan a el mensaje de ellos sobre el Plan de Salvación y cómo ellos pueden tener con certeza sobre una familia eterna que nos tenemos. Yo amo mucho a ellos, diles gracias por criar una hija y mama maravillosa que tengo para siempre. I love them sooo much!

So transfers are on Monday, and President is sending me out to Prato Branco. Haha just kidding, So I am staying here and I am going to train Elder Stahn! He is from Idaho super cool guy. E. Keller knew him in Chapecó at the beginning of the mission and said he is a cool so that will be awesome! I am sad Elder Cárdenas is leaving, however he is going to be my ZL in Jardim Atlantico, so he is close by and I will still see him a ton. It's crazy I have been living/serving with him for more than 1 year! Crazy stuff! He is such a an awesome Elder and I am going to miss him. Elder Sierras and Elder Mendes are going to be companions, Elder Sáenz is going to train Elder Machin an Elder from Uruguay. Elder Keller and Elder Salomão will stay together! It's going to be 8 in the house! Super crazy and lots of fun!

I am excited to work with Elder Stahn, we are going to work super hard, he seems super cool so I am stoked! I don't know if I will stay here for the 2 transfers that I have left or go somewhere near on the last one. We will see?

So one thing I really enjoyed studying this week was that our principal 2 purposes as missionaries is prepare to have the spirit present in teaching and invite the investigator to follow commitments! So that was really good and it makes it a lot simpler.

The new word I learned this week was Broca = Drill!

Dad thanks for sending me the info on the NFL draft. I feel so out of it, but it feels great! Oh and when did this Los Angeles Rams thing happen, what happened to St. Louis????

Well got to go, busy day today, since we didn’t get much missionary work done the last two days because of moving.

Do the little things to improve each day!
Families are forever!

Love you all,
Tchao,
Elder JT Moore
Last night in our Apartment with the great views
Last night in our Apartment with the great views
Office get together
Our new home by the mission office
First lunch in the new crib

No comments:

Post a Comment