Saturday, May 21, 2016

There is no growth in a comfort zone, and there is no comfort in a growth zone!

Time is flying bye, so I have decided to get up earlier to get more time to study and its been good my body was definitely used to sleeping 10:30 to 6:30, so trying to break out of that now and get back and be in a good rhythm. I am doing good though!

Today on Pday we went and taught Marcellus with Irmao Aresene and Keller and Salomão and their investigators. It was awesome. We have been trying to help him get his answer to know that this is God's church here on the earth. He has a lot of faith and believes that it is, but has never prayed to have a certainty. We also have been teaching Eliani. We have been teaching her and she said she knows God sent us to her because she has been searching for a church. She also has a lot of faith that this is Christ church but lacks the certainty as well, but her baptism is marked for the 4th of June. We have been working like crazy to find the elect and love them enough to invite them to get baptized in Christ church and it is amazing how the Lord has blessed us! This week we have already found 8 people! When we ask we asks for his help he will answer our prayers but we have to go after it as well to demonstrate our faith as well!

Honestly the work has been amazing these past 3 weeks, all the missionaries in the district have been working hard and many miracles have been happening. I am amazed at how real the Lord is when we have faith and works together!

The one thing that has been the same the entire mission has been that when you feel that I everything is clicking at all cylinders, then it’s time to go learn the next thing. That is one of the big things I have learned we need to constantly need to be getting out of comfort zone. I learned it with a parable a sister missionary shared. So when we work out we try to get stronger, so we lift a weight and do reps, but after time that weight gets really easy and we start to plateau, so we add more weight. With this new weight we may feel like we are not doing as many reps but we know we are growing a lot more. We work out as hard as we can to do as many reps as possible with this new weight. We do however come to a point where no longer have enough strength to do a full rep that is where a spotter comes in. And a good spotter, is one that when you work out, you go up as far as you can and the spotter gives just enough help for you to do that extra rep, and then you do the next and you do as much as you can and then the spotter gives the needed help to finish the rep and so on. Never does a good spotter do the entire lift for you. He lets you lift as much as you can and only gives a little help necessary to finish the rest of it. Heavenly Father is a loving Father who wants to see each one of us progress and grow. We cannot be satisfied doing a 10000 reps with a 2lb weight, he will slowly add the weight on to help us grow and progress in our mortal lives so that we can too one day become like he is. Yes there will be times when we may feel like we cannot get the next rep, but we have the best spotter in the world who knows exactly our strength and to what point we can lift it and where He needs to enter in to help us lift the rest. He will never let the weight slam down on us. I know that we need to realize that to grow we need to get out of comfort zone. One of my favorite quotes is; There is no growth in a comfort zone, and there is no comfort in a growth zone!

Please read this talk I love this one. One of Hollands best
  English Version
  Spanish Version

Word of the week picareta = pickaxe

So I truly have learned we need to love people more and invite them to come unto Christ. I am so greatly for you guys always paying tithing and knowing that when we pay than we are blest. I know that this is a promise from our Heavenly Father who love us so much. God always is teaching us. Search to see what he can be teaching each one of you.

Justin I want you to know that I love you a lot man and I love hearing from you and how you are doing. And make sure to work hard in school I am not sure if you already finished or are about to but finish off strong. I love you a lot man, and can't wait to see you again! You're going to probably be like 3 times bigger than me. But we are going to work hard together! I love you tons man! Always remember you got me here when you need me.

Remember how much love I have for you guys. And always work to find the Lord's hand in your life daily at the beginning it may seem hard, but I have started doing this for awhile and it is such an awesome experience now I see His hand so clearly in my day to day life.

I love you guys and I know that when we all learn together we will be an eternal family. Remember we are all working together to become an eternal family! Please make sure you are doing family and personal prayer, Pray for the families we are teaching. Also plan to go to the temple and do the little things and search for missionary opportunities.

Three great videos to watch;
Your Potential, Your Privileges

An High Priest of Good Things to Come

Shower of Heavenly Blessings

Love you all very much,
Tchau!
Elder JT Moore

Pics of our "New House"
Pics of our "New House"
Floripa Me Encantou

No comments:

Post a Comment