Monday, June 20, 2016

Pushup for Donuts

Wow another week has flown by, I am loving this area. The ward is awesome! It is definitely moving quickly into the top 3 areas of my mission. We have taught a lot of lessons. Elder França loves to teach so it has been good for me to watch him more and try to simplify and intensify my speaking at times. I am learning a lot with him. He is an awesome missionary. The other guys are way cool as well we have had some really cool conversations about things. So we have been teaching Kiane, Aiane, and Amanda, they will be getting baptized on the 27th. We have quite a few others with a lot of potential that we have also been teaching.

On Monday we had an FHE with some families in the ward, it was good. Tuesday we taught some new members some more lessons, or should I say we had them teach us what they know about different topics. We have been teaching the family members of some recent converts, so we have had some good lessons. We are working hard and having good success. We taught a lot of people this week. We taught some more lessons on Thursday and Friday. Everybody is progressing really well. I love feeling the spirit so much in a lot of our lessons. I want to make sure when I get home that I continue to do the things here on the mission so I can have the constant companionship of the spirit. On Wednesday we went out with the Bishop, counselors, and ward mission leaders. It was awesome we visited 6 people in 3 hours and taught some awesome lessons. But they were great and it just showed me how productive we can be when we plan and do the things the Lord wants us to do.

In our zone meeting I taught about consecrating all of our time and energy to the Lord. I had the missionaries do a little activity that I borrowed called “Pushup for Donuts” . It was good, and I think it helped us understand better why we are out here on the mission.

I have been studying a lot in scriptures about the sacrament and the symbolisms of the sacrament. There is a lot there that I never really understood before. How truly important it is to partake of the sacrament each week and to remember why we come to church and what our Savior truly did for us. That is the true reason we we come to church!

I love you Justin have a great time at EFY and remember to truly go to EFY searching for a spiritual experience and a question in mind and I have NO DOUBT that you WILL RECEIVE an ANSWER by the end of the week. Justin seek to have spiritual opportunities and always have something to write with to remember those moments! I love you man!

I love you so much DAD hope you had a wonderful Father's Day, and that you have an amazing BIRTHDAY! I am eternally grateful for Heavenly Father who gave me to you to be my dad and teach me and give me such a great example to follow. I love you so much! These 2 talks always remind me of you. :)

Let us be Men
Fathers

I love you guys a ton! Read the Book of Mormon article in June it’s super awesome about having 2 eyes.

Also remember to always do the little things,

Tchau,
Elder JT Moore


No comments:

Post a Comment