Monday, December 29, 2014

Don't take it for Granted

Man it was AWESOME talking and seeing all of you, I can not tell you how GREAT it was! It was crazy how fast that time went by like I kind of feel that is how our life after this life on earth will be we will have felt like it was so short. So it hit me the importance of this time and how we have to be ready to prepare to meet God after this life. I'm actually starting a study journal to write a recap of what I study each day, so I can go back and reflect on what I learn. Also as I especially pray to know if these things are true or to learn a key point I have seen it take place and happen and see things in the scriptures that I had glanced over before! Enos truly talks about the wrestle he had with God and the importance of praying with REAL INTENT. It also talks about once we have been blessed by the Lord we have that desire to share and help others out. He even wanted to help out his enemies the Lamanites! Oh D&C 58:27 and Moses 1:39 go great hand in hand about the importance of getting involved in the best work this world has to offer. HELPING OTHERS COME UNTO CHRIST!

Tuesday we had our district (11 of us, 8 Elders and 3 Sisters) breakfast and then went to the big plaza here in Criciuma and sang Christmas songs for a couple of hours, we also had a bunch of members with us, it was really impressive and we had a big crowd gather to listen to us and we handed out “He is the Gift” pass along cards. Then a radio station that was there broadcasting asked us to come over and sing on the radio, so ya we are pretty much famous now down here in Criciuma, we are as big as any music group.

Then later that day as we were walking down the street a man from Haiti approached us asking where our church is, after talking to him we found out that he had already read the whole Book of Mormon and attended church back in Haiti and really liked it. He has been living here in Brazil working for about a year. We invited him to the ward party and church on Sunday. It was a way cool experience!

So on Christmas Eve and Christmas we ate really good at the Bishops and his mom’s house. We also bought a ton of chocolate so we all ate a bunch of chocolate to get through the trunkiness of missing home! Hahaha. Most chocolate I’ve eaten in a long time! We opened gifts and packages, thank you for the package it was a great Christmas present. Elder Gomes bought me a Corinthians cup and I got him a towel. I got a keychain from E Dos Anjos and a sister in the ward bought us all pins because she saw my flag pins so she bought us some from her state Rio Grande do Sul.

A little bit about E Betts, the new Elder in our apartment. He is from Michigan his moms from the Philippines and his dad American. He is the youngest of 6 kids. (They all live in different states so he used Hangout to be able to talk to them all). He has come in with great enthusiasm and we truly feels like we are going to change the ward and area! With this new year we have a ton of great ideas and plans set for January! I'm honestly very excited for the possibility of January! We have planned to do a 40 day fast in the ward, families are eternal for FHE, a missionary work Sunday with president during a sacrament, and start having a missionary moment before the start of priesthood and relief society!. We are really animated in trying to change the culture of this ward and make them more united while being more bold in finding and teaching people. I'm really excited for 2015!

After speaking with you all, I have realized I took a lot of things for granted. I've realized how much, without a doubt, how much each of you have done for me and helped me and loved me, I’m so very grateful for my family! I also took for granted having the gospel in my life and knowing that I have a Heavenly Father who loves and cares about me, and Jesus Christ, who did everything so we can return to be with them again. I thought I was coming out on a mission to serve and teach those here in Brazil. I never thought I would be the one that has learned so much, I have been the one that has been blessed to be out here. It’s funny how quickly being away from home has taught me so much. Justin don’t take these things for granted, be appreciative, you will realize it when you are on your mission.

Love you all,
Elder JT Moore

Churrasco Dinner pre Christas Eve lunch
Our District Sang on the Radio (Ya were famous!)
One of my presents
E Betts and I, Dinner Christmas Eve at the Bishop's House
Bishop and his Family
Yes!!!!! We got Presents!
Some of the Chocolate that we ate
My keychain
E Gomes towel
We are soo sad, because  we miss our families
Me Skyping my family
Dinner at the Bishops mom's house

No comments:

Post a Comment