Monday, May 4, 2015

How can it be getting cold in May?

So this week was another good week. I love Joaçaba! and the members are great here! Some of them that we have been working with are Helton, Conceiçao and Laviana, they are awesome and are helping a ton, they have 3 families we are working with them. We had 5 investigators at church on Sunday, so it was awesome, like you said we were on the down of the roller coaster and now we are on the way up! We had some great lessons where the spirit was super strong.

Elder Choate and I are getting along well and having fun, he is getting a lot better with his Portuguese. So yeah I thought on Friday about you guys at fathers and son. I cant wait, only one more and then the crews back together! One of the members here Guilherme told me about the NFL draft, he told me about the first round picks, and I didn't even know most of the names. Oh well I will have plenty of time to study sports when I get back.

One thing I have really realized out here in the mission is that Satan tries to use all his tools available to discourage us. He knows my weak point and tries to put doubt and fears about myself and what I am doing. I have learned to strengthen this by looking at how far I have progressed and how far I have come in such a short time. I know it is because the Lord is helping and watching out for me. Whenever Satan tries to discourage me, I start writing down the many areas where I have progressed, and I realize that I have been very blessed and have grown so much from where I started, or I write down those that I can truly see that we have helped and done "some good in the world today" it makes it sooo worth it. :)

The other day we were over at the branch President Tiago's house, and he was sharing his Bible with me, it was super awesome for a Portuguese Bible, it has footnotes and everything, so now I want to get one like his. He also had some really great pages of scriptures with references that I copied to use.

It is so weird to be in May and it is starting to get cold instead of hot. We are actually starting to use sweaters in the morning and the evening. It is still raining two or three times a week, but the weather is nice to be out working during the day.

Here is a good talk I found by Elder Perkins called “Go Forth in Faith” have Justin and all of the youth read it, it is a great talk for us young people.

Tell Yayo and Grandpa I love them very much and I am praying that they heal and get better quickly.

I cant wait to talk to you guys on Sunday for Mother’s Day. I am more excited then a child losing all of his teeth at once and waiting for the tooth fairy to come, more excited then a child on Christmas Eve, just can’t put into words how excited I am. I love and miss you all, keep doing the little things because from those the great things come to pass, remember JESTO!

Families podem ser eternas!

Love,
Elder JT Moore

Wearing my sweater vest in May, this is weird!
The Kinder Egg for my bro Justin
and the toy inside.
Awesome meal the members made for us
Sunday was super windy and rainy cray cray
Sharing the Book of Mormon
Missionary Selfies
District Meeting
President Tiago reference page
My planner Elder Choate made me, he is funny!
We got IPADS our sick new Ipads haha jk it is our DVD player 

No comments:

Post a Comment