Monday, August 10, 2015

The Book of Mormon, Read it Daily!

Well another week has come and gone, it is interesting out here the days go by long, but the week goes by fast. I can’t believe that this transfer is almost already over. I can’t believe that I have been out on a mission for almost a year. It doesn’t feel like I have been here in Guaratuba for already a month. So we are continuing trying to work as much as possible with the members. We started doing a 40 day fast as a ward and it is paying off. We also have a FHE with the Bishop on Thursday, which should be really good. Some of the awesome families that we have meet here are Miriam and Antonio and their family, also Cleber and Loane are another awesome family. The Father's day activity was awesome and was a missionary success since we had 12 investigators there! So the most spiritual event this week was Rafels baptism, it was awesome! The baptism helped excite the members about missionary work, I am really excited because we also had a good group of investigators at the baptism. Then we had a really good lesson with Vinicius on personal revelation. We had a great lesson with Wellington, he is a great young man. He went to church last week, and he went to soccer night with the ward, also he is going to seminary. He also brought his family to the father day night! We had a great lesson with him and marked a baptism with him on the 22nd of August!

I love my district, we are doing awesome and are working really hard. Honestly this district is great. a lot of newer missionaries that are willing and wanting to work hard. I couldn't ask for a better district! Elder Sulivan and I are having a blast, and I hope and pray that he doesn’t get transferred.

So this week we went to Joinville. It has the first chapel that was built in all of South America. It was built in 1931. We had zone conference and we had interviews with the mission president. I learned a lot from him on how to study the scriptures better!

The down part of the week was we went to visit Vinicius again, he was supposed to get baptized but he got cold feet, he still came to church on Sunday so that was good. I guess it is better that he truly wants to be baptized and that he understands the importance of it, then going and getting baptized and later go inactive.

Mom, no worries, it is super safe here in Guaratuba, people actually really respect the missionaries here, even the crazies of the town always compliment us. I am taking care of myself we went to urgent care this week and spent 3 hours waiting to get x-rays on my sinuses. They gave me a shot, and some medicine, and I have been doing well ever since.

Some of the blessings we saw that happened to us this week, when we left the LAN house last week from emailing, a man approached us, he was from the state above Santa Catarina, anyways he took all four of us missionaries out for lunch. Then a member called us and cut all of our hair, she also did my eyebrows too! We are so blessed as missionaries!

Some scriptures that I studied this week are 1 King 19:12 and 1 Nephi 17:42. They talk about how to truly recognize the spirit, it is a small voice. We have to have our surroundings in line to be able to hear that still small voice in our lives. I have been studying a lot about personal revelation. It is key to our progression here on this earth!

Alma 43:45 we need to be always in a good cause. That cause is this gospel, we need to love it, live it, and share it! I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior, He is the only way to return to live with our Heavenly Father, The Temple is the house of the Lord, and families can be eternal through the temples. The Book of Mormon is the Book of all Books. We need to read from it daily to truly be strengthened and be in tune with the Holy Ghost, I PROMISE YOU THIS!

Love you guys have a great week, read the BOM everyday, it will help with any problem that we have!

Love Elder Moore

The Bay!
At a members house, nice view of the Bay
View a little way from our apartment
Our Lunch
Our Zone at Joinville
Joinville, the first Church built in South America
The Joinville Church
Awesome man that got baptized, Rafael
Father's Day in Brazil, awesome ward activity
Baptism of Rafael
FHE with Miriam and Antonio Family

No comments:

Post a Comment