Saturday, October 17, 2015

Still lost but learning

This week it has been super cold and cloudy which is unusual for Floripa. It is my second week in the Office and I am understanding a lot more this week, I still have a lot to learn but it's a good first step. These two weeks here in the office have flown by! I am enjoying it, the most stressful part of the stuff I am in charge of is with the visas of everyone, but besides that I am getting confident with the other things. Somethings I am still lost with and others I understand perfectly. I am trying to get better organized and figure out ways to do tasks more easier and quickly. So while we are here in the office we look for every opportunity to share the gospel. The other day we were at the federal police station, and we were talking to this one guy while we were waiting and he asked what we believe in. I explained about the restoration and the plan of salvation very simply and he had a lot of questions about the plan of salvation and honestly I am so grateful for the plan of salvation and to know the plan that God made for me and each one of us individually. How each one of us can have complete happiness, I am so grateful for this knowledge and the privilege to share it with others right now and for the rest of my life.

There are a ton of funny events that occur here in the office. Our quartet is super hilarious, everybody has a great sense of humor. We are always with different companion since we split up for lessons when someone has to run errands. We have a lot of fun and there are a lot of funny moments together.

In the short time I have been here I have met a few awesome ward members. There is one family in the ward that are super awesome and help us out a ton, also Pedro our ward mission leader is cool and super funny! I am still very lost when it comes to our area, since we don't get to get out as much as other areas, and our area covers part of the island and across the bridge on the main land. We have been working with a few part member families, trying to bring those that are less active back, and teaching their other family members who are not members. We have visited them a couple times this week they are awesome. We are helping teach everything to them. We are trying to get them to read the scriptures as a family. We are also teaching a young family with 2 little kids, they are impressive. The mom downloaded the gospel library app, and has read a lot.

So the scripture this week that I would like to share is Alma 41:3, 8 and 10. The path is made we just gotta do it and follow it to have eternal salvation. Important to have good works, desires, everything starts in the heart, we need to have a change in our NATURE to truly become more like our Heavenly Father.

Feliz Cumpleanos Yaya!!! Espero que has tenido um bom dia!!

Love and miss you all very much,

Elder JT Moore

Minions outside of our Office
Visiting a family in the Ward
View from our apartment
The Office, Doing what we do best!!
The AZ boys
Feliz Cumpleanos Yaya!

No comments:

Post a Comment